As a small sports car dealer, I only purchase cars I like, want to experience and drive prior to re-selling. The Berlina has been my personal project and play thing for the past year and a half. Due to a couple recent purchases, I have reluctantly elected to put my car up for sale. Of all the cars I have bought and sold hands down the Berlina has received the most attention and positive reaction. Sure it looks like an Italian taxi cab, but it is also very cool, cute and handsome at the same time. Click on the link for photographs and to learn more about the recent work completed – including an engine and gearbox rebuild 1500 miles ago. This car is drop dead gorgeous. Really, you will not believe it.
As a small sports car dealer, I only purchase cars I like and want to experience and drive prior to re-selling. The Berlina has been my personal project and play thing for the past year and a half. Due to a couple recent purchases, I have reluctantly elected to put my car up for sale. Of all the cars I have bought and sold — hands down the Berlina has received the most attention and positive reaction. Sure it looks like an Italian taxi cab, but it is also cool, cute and handsome at the same time. The Berlina has never offended anyone like many of my other sports cars have and it certainly does not make you look like you are having a mid-life crisis. Some are puzzled not knowing what it is, some are excited by the lines designed by Marcello Gandini while at Bertone, most are simply amazed by the cars condition upon discovering it is a 1969 model.
Beginning its life as a California car with white paint and red interior, the Berlina was also loved by previous owners in other states and received a very high quality interior and exterior cosmetic restoration and repaint in Blu Spazzio before returning to California in 2006. Upon my purchase the car has received much attention, detail and major mechanical sorting and teething. It is now completely done and enjoyed on weekends.
Major work completed since I have owned the car includes:
- Rebuilt 2.0L Engine and Rebuilt gearbox rebuilt by Alfa Performance Connection in Orange, CA. The engine is very nice and the syncros are all perfect. (the car to me with the 2.0L engine from a GTV with Weber Carbs – I do not have the original 1750 motor).
- New brakes and rotors.
- Rebuilt starter, & alternator.
- New radiator and overflow tank.
- There are 1400 miles on the rebuild and the head-bolts have been re-torqued after a 900 mile sub 4000 RPM break-in.
The list of minor work completed is long and includes:
- Repaired the interior and exterior lights
- Polished and fitted the stainless front and rear bumpers
- Installed new front grille trim
- Professionally re-sprayed all minor paint imperfections – The paint is wonderful and very cool combination with the red interior.
- Installed a new hand brake and fit leather boot.
- The interior is beautiful with a near perfect dash top, redone wood trim, very nice seat and door panel trim, new headliner and new carpets.
- Replaced the clock with a brand new OEM unit. It works!
- Installed a new horn.
- Fitted new front seat belts. (I retained the old ones)
- The car has been pro-lowered by the previous owner and looks nice sitting on its original wheels and original hubcaps (in nice shape) with good Michelin tires.
Receipts for all work completed while in my possession are included. This is a very happy little car. It starts easy, steers straight, stops true, and is a joy to drive.
Mechanically and cosmetically this car has been completed to a very high standard. Contact Ken at 714-432-8482