In wonderful condition with only 19,400 miles on the odometer. The 1989 – 1990 models are considered the best of all Maserati Biturbo models; receiving many improvements. Unfortunately only a very small number these cars were ever imported (approx. 220 Coupe, Sedan and Spyder Convertible models) – making this a very rare little beast. With very nice paint and a beautiful, clean leather, suede, and wood trimmed interior; this car must have been garaged most of its life. Recently it has received extensive service and maintenance work. Fast and beautiful; it is not a car – it is a Maserati!
The 1989 – 1990 models are considered the best of all biturbo models; unfortunately only a very small number these cars were ever imported (approx. 220 Coupe, Sedan and Spyder Convertible models). These later cars received a significant number of improvements including: a fuel injected 2.8 liter V6 engine, with twin air-to-air intercoolers and twin water-cooled IHI turbos. This resulted in a potent 225 hp and 246lb-ft of torque – able to acheive 0-60 times in 6 seconds – which was very good and uncommon back in 1989. Additional improvements included: five-lug 15″ alloy wheels, larger ‘vented’ disc brakes, improved electrics, dual-twin pipe exhaust, standard Sensitork / Range limited-slip differential, and beautiful unique leather, suede and wood trimmed interior. The headliner is all suede (Alcantar) – and quite nice. This car includes the owners manual and tilt and slide sunroof.
Recent service work completed includes, but is not limited to:
- All new belts and hoses – including the important engine timing belt
- All fliuds and filters were changed, engine, fuel filter, differential, transmission, etc.
- Car does not drip or leak
- New radiator – new core, new fluids
- Remanufactured alternator
- New wires, distributor cap, spark plugs – tune up mainteneance, etc.
- All new front end rubber bushings, tie rod and front sway bar, etc.
- New motor and transmission mounts
- New front suspension struts
- New Dunlop Direzza DZ101, Ultra High Performance Summer tires, size: 205/55VR-15
- Rebuilt front break calipars
- Rebuilt Seiko air conditioning compresor & new receiver-dryer. Air Cond. blows nice and cold
- Lighting, power drivers seat, power windows, power sunroof, electric trunk and gas door release all funtion properly
- Car includes original dealer installed radio and cassette player and power antenia – all funtion, but a new radio and speakers are needed
The car starts easy, the automatic transmission is tight, car drives well and fast – the twin turbos work well -, it steers straight and brakes true. And honest, happy sports sedan that is ready to enjoy. The only currently known issue is an exhaust, spare tire carrier area vibration sound the sometimes occurs briefly around 55 – 60 MPH, and goes away as you go faster. It also goes away shifting into 3rd. The car would also benefit from a new radio & speakers. Any Questions, Call Ken @ 714-432-8482.